Welcome to another episode of The RVA Small Business Show with your host Cory Mosley. In today’s segment, we are joined by Elaine Richards, COO of 37signals, the makers of Basecamp and HEY.
I think there’s no excuse today for technology that isn’t intuitive, that doesn’t allow your average user to pick up, start using it, click on some things and figure it out pretty intuitively right away. -Elaine Richards
Embracing the Remote Work Reality
As many people continue to work remotely, business owners must adapt to the changing landscape. It’s crucial to identify and implement the right tools to make remote work more efficient and manageable. Elaine, with her experience at 37 Signals, offers valuable insights into the tools that can make a difference for your team.
Communication and Collaboration Tools
When it comes to remote work, communication is key. Ensuring your team can effectively stay connected is vital. Here are some tools that Elaine recommends for fostering communication and collaboration:
- Basecamp: A comprehensive project management and team collaboration tool that helps you keep everything organized in one place, from project tasks to team discussions.
- HEY: A modern communication app designed to replace email, offering an organized and efficient way to communicate with your team and clients.
- Slack: A widely popular messaging platform that allows for real-time communication, file sharing, and integration with other tools.
Time Management and Productivity
Maintaining productivity in a remote work environment can be challenging. These tools can help you and your team stay on track and manage time effectively:
- Toggl: A time tracking tool that allows you and your team to keep track of work hours, monitor productivity, and generate reports.
- Asana: A task management tool that helps you assign, prioritize, and track progress on tasks for individual team members.
- Google Workspace: A suite of tools, including Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, that allows for real-time collaboration on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Virtual Meetings and Conferencing
In a remote work setting, the importance of virtual meetings and conferencing cannot be overstated. Here are some tools to help you host effective and engaging virtual meetings:
- Zoom: A popular video conferencing tool that provides a reliable platform for hosting virtual meetings, webinars, and team calls.
- Microsoft Teams: A unified communication and collaboration platform that includes chat, video meetings, and file storage.
- Calendly: A scheduling tool that simplifies the process of setting up meetings, calls, and appointments with team members, clients, and partners.
Now that you have a list of recommended tools, it’s time to evaluate which ones best suit your team’s needs. Consider factors such as ease of use, cost, and integration with your existing systems.
- Remote work is here to stay, and embracing the right tools can significantly improve your team’s efficiency and productivity.
- Communication and collaboration tools like Basecamp, HEY, and Slack are essential for keeping your team connected and organized.
- Time management and productivity tools, such as Toggl, Asana, and Google Workspace, can help your team stay on track and prioritize tasks.
- Virtual meeting and conferencing tools, including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Calendly, are crucial for maintaining effective communication and collaboration in a remote work setting.
- Assess your team’s needs and choose the tools that best fit your business to maximize the benefits of remote work.
Want access to more content like this?
Visit growwithcory.com/learn to watch our videos, listen to podcasts, and read more articles 100% free.
Interested in being coached and advised by Cory?
Visit growwithcory.com/business-accelerator to learn more about our Business Accelerator Inner Circle Program
Interested in attending our Business Breakthrough Weekend?
Visit growwithcory.com/weekend-workshop/ to learn more.
Want Cory to speak at your next event?
Visit growwithcory.com/speaking for topics and booking information.
Are you ready to share your expertise with the world?
Learn about our Thought Leadership Experts Interviews by visiting yourexpertiseonvideo.com for complete information.